[time-nuts] GPSDO Alternatives

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 01:25:19 UTC 2012

There are lots of sampling ADCs which will support that type of
operation directly or you can easily design and build a sampling phase
detector but that all involves significant extra circuitry outside of
the microcontroller.

Take a look at the Racal Dana 1992 reference frequency multiplier
option (the schematic is on page 7-33 of the service manual) for an
example of a sampling phase detector used in a similar application.