[time-nuts] Stable Watch Clocks

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Dec 12 03:55:45 UTC 2012

> Typical 32KHz clock crystals are very stable in frequency if you can keep them
> close to the turnover temp. If you can hold 1 degC it is .04 ppm.

That's far better than I thought. Do you have a reference for this spec?

I agree you might be able to make one accurate to 0.04 ppm, however briefly, but I've never seen one stable to 0.04 ppm. I mean, that's like 1 second a year.

> I currently have no method for testing such a rig for stability.

Oh, the slipperly slope you are on. I have just the solution for you ...

/tvb