[time-nuts] Stable Watch Clocks

M. Simon msimon6808 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 05:01:06 UTC 2012

http://www.abracon.com/Resonators/AB26T.pdf

This quotes .038 ppm/C^2 delta T from the turn over point:

http://www.iqdfrequencyproducts.com/app-notes/timekeeping/

The fly in the ointment is the aging rate of 5 ppm the first year (13ppb/day) and 3 ppm (8ppb/day) after.

I'm sure holding 1 degC is easy.  .1 C with some care and .01 C - my measuring eqpt ain't that good. So temperature ceases to be a problem. Is the other stuff workable?

I would go with a 32KHz crystal for a "production" version to make it easy to multiply up to 10MHz.

Simon

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.