[time-nuts] MT3339 PA6H and Racal Dana GPIB, update

Fabio Eboli FabioEb at quipo.it
Wed Dec 12 21:55:36 UTC 2012

Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> If you are driving the counter's frequency standard input with the FE5680
> and simply measuring the period of the GPS output, then the data would make
> sense.

Bob, the data make sense :)
I'm using the FE5680 as ext standard for
the counter, the pps is measured as period.

> I am assuming that the counter starts counting on the pps out of the FE5680
> and stops counting on the pps out of the GPS. That way every sample is the
> time difference between the two.

Not now.
This will be the next try, at least now I know that I should
be able to get enough room for non overlap the periods for
some time.

I have only a doubt: is the internal OCXO of the counter
enough for the phase measurement or I should use the other
FE5680 as ext standard for the counter?

I will have the pps let's say 0,5 seconds apart, the counter
will give 1nS resolution, and will be 2x10^-9
on that interval, pretty demanding I think.

The better way will be to connect the PC to the FE5680
and drive it's pulse close to the pps, but I should bring
out the serial lines.

Fabio.