[time-nuts] B-1B bomber time reference

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Fri Dec 14 04:26:42 UTC 2012

They routinely redact stuff in the awards. Usually the names of the individuals that picked the vendor. It is a silly game since you can and do FOIA much of the redacted information if you lost the bid.

Some of the crypto comm schemes need time of day to work. Usually the pilot will say "give me a Micky", as in (I guess) a Micky Mouse watch. Then a chirp goes out over the UHF radio system. But I always assumed they had a GPS time reference since talking on UHF radio isn't too stealthy.