[time-nuts] B-1B bomber time reference

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 06:24:39 UTC 2012

One of the very first time related projects I was involved in was for
synchronizing radios - this was when they were retrofitting HAVE QUICK to
the AN/ARC-164 and wanted a cheap, portable source of TOD data - the GPS
was a 2-Channel Magnavox unit (C/A code only) and they also did the
firmware modifications to generate the right data format (STANAG 4246?) -
so basically all that was left was putting them into a box with battery
backup.

Wow, that was more than 20 years ago - I guess I'm getting old...