[time-nuts] Just for Fun - Synergy Systems SSR-6T PPS Comparison

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 06:51:14 UTC 2012

A Day in the Life of Five PPS Sources..

This probably does not qualify as a regular TimeNuts submission as there
are no Tau's or 10^-12ths but I could not resist a simple scope capture of
the Pulse Per Second output of my new SSR-6t toy from Synergy Systems as it
performed its first right-out-of-the box site survey.

See http://youtu.be/kOG9ImT2lvY
[]
This is not intended to be a "scientific" submission but I hope someone
finds it entertaining and enlightening view of the instantaneous PPS
behavior of these devices.

Dave

Played perfectly here, Dave.  Many thanks for a most interesting comparison!

(My SSR-6t is on route from the USA, and I have two Trimble Resolution SMTs
which are timing GPSs, and Sure Electronics boards which claim timing like
accuracy.  I'm limited by having only two channels on the 'scope!).

Are you going to try the same with the SSR-6t in timing mode?

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk