[time-nuts] Timing between two GPS PPS outputs.

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Dec 28 21:03:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 14:49:39 -0500
Dan Kemppainen <dan at irtelemetrics.com> wrote:

> The reason for this question is two fold.  I have a personal project
> in mind where I'd like to time stamp two events within several tens of
> hundreds of nS if possible, over some distance without cabling. Also,
> as I started thinking of this application, I realized my understanding
> of the details of GPS timing is a little weak. I figured this would be
> a good place to ask.

Not easy, but definilty fun to do.

IIRC Achim Vollhardt (who also reads this list) works or worked on some
similar system as a timing source for a cherenkov telescope array.
You might want to contact him.

May i ask what you need this high precision for?

			Attila Kinali

--
There is no secret ingredient
         -- Po, Kung Fu Panda