[time-nuts] FE-5680A partial schematics (digital only)

Scott Newell newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com
Wed Feb 15 01:05:57 UTC 2012

At 09:24 PM 2/12/2012, Elio Corbolante wrote:
>Being not yet able to dump the FE-5680A firmware, I started to write down
>the DIGITAL part of the schematics:
> >
>I hope it can be useful to some of you. (any suggestion is welcome!)

Nice work!

I do have a defective non-locking FE-5680A, but the problems it has
(incorrect serial command replies, way off DDS tuning values, and
absence of 10 MHz once the microcontroller boots up) makes me think
there's a problem with the CPLD or even the firmware in flash.  I
don't think it would be a good candidate for a firmware dump.

newell  N5TNL