[time-nuts] Morion MV89A Repair

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 26 16:34:56 UTC 2012

On 02/26/2012 05:20 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> The paper mentions HC-40 crystals. They probably have the crystal drive current cranked down to optimize short term stability at 1 sec and longer. The phase noise floor takes a back seat.
>
> The other interesting thing in the paper is that the short term numbers shown aren't into parts in the 13th.

Come to think of it, I never saw a good explanation as to why the
crystal drive current really has this effect. I can only seem to recall
hand-waving and experience show stuff. Could be I read it but forgot
about it as I don't design crystal oscillators, only tend to use the
once that others have designed and built for me.

Cheers,
Magnus