[time-nuts] Thermal insulation choice?

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 19:53:38 UTC 2012

I just did this search for similar application.  The cheapest stuff
they have is expanded polystyrene bead sheet which is easy enough to
work with but may be too thick (3/4") or not as durable as you want. I
made a hot wire cutting element for my Weller soldering gun out of a
length of 10 gauge copper wire to cut out and trim the shapes I
wanted.

They also have a bunch of thinner (about 3/8") closed cell insulating
foams (I didn't check but would guess real Styrofoam) which are
probably more than durable enough but more expensive because of the
sheet size.