[time-nuts] hijacking threads (was: ntpq output)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jan 23 08:51:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 00:34:57 -0800
gary <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:

> The following is a few ntpq -p outputs. Just random samples over a week.
> I seem to periodically have large offset.
>
> I'm open to suggest how to improve this if the numbers don't look normal.
>
> Please trim  the raw data to keep the size of any replies as small as
> possible.

May i ask the people here not to hijack threads?

Ie do NOT press reply on a random mail and change the subject completely.
The better mail clients support threading which means that mails that
are a reply to another are sorted directly after that. Which gives a
convenient way to keep conversations together. This helps enormously
to read mailinglists with a many parallel discussions such as time-nuts.

If you now reply to a random message, then your mail ends up in a
completely unrelated discussion, and might be burried there between
other mails where noone looks.
Instead of replying to the mail, right-click on the email adress of the
mailinglist and select "compose mail to" (or what your mail client calls it).
This will create a new mail that does not reference any other mail and thus
will start a new discussion.

Thanks

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversation_threading