[time-nuts] Lady Heather

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Fri Jul 13 22:16:16 UTC 2012

Thanks, Warren, for the refresh. So the L.H. fan control signal is
bang-bang, and not really a PID, as it's on the DTR data line.
Don

ws at Yahoo
> Don
>
> no internal connection needed.
> Lots of ways to do it,
> an isolated optical isolator connect to a couple of pins on the RS232
> connector is one way.
>
> The LH controller can also be used to just Heat for those that don't
> like
> moving parts,
> or dual with heat and cool as well as just drive a fan.
> If ypu want you could go full nuts and connect it up to control the room
> AC/Heater
>
> For the LH driver I use and how I use it see:
> <http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/attachments/20110116/76cc81b5/attachment-0001.jpg>
>
> text at:
> <http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2011-January/053648.html>
>
> ws
>
> *******************
>
> [time-nuts] Lady Heather
> Don Latham djl at montana.com
>
> Hi: Been following the latest Thunderbolt thread a littlt more closely
> than previous ones. Mention was made of Lady Heather driving a fan with
> PID. I looked at the LH website and what I have for tbolts. Where is the
> fan control physically hooked? An internal mod? I admit I may have
> allowed this info to pass by in the past...
> Don

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
R. Bacon
"If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road