[time-nuts] Lady Heather

ws at Yahoo warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 22:52:01 UTC 2012

Don

No, it is not bang-bang. Look at the plot results.
You don't get .001 deg type resolution and control with a bang-bang controller.

It is a full Linear, universal,  PID + with self tuning capability.
The output is a high resolution Linear PWM driving one of the RS232 pins and a polarity/enable
output on one of the other pins which can be used for heating / cooling / enable / fail_ save, etc.
( I don't use the second output with the KISS simple fan driver, because that hardware is already fail-safe).

The PID can be manually set for all kinds of things, Including Band-Bang control.

ws

Thanks, Warren, for the refresh. So the L.H. fan control signal is
bang-bang, and not really a PID, as it's on the DTR data line.
Don

ws at Yahoo