[time-nuts] broadband MPX signal stereo

ehydra ehydra at arcor.de
Fri Mar 16 14:11:10 UTC 2012

Azelio Boriani schrieb:
> Yes, there is people who have what in the past was expensive test equipment
> and now can be bought by 1/10 of the original price. The problem is that
> you need someone who can record 2 seconds of a signal that is slightly
> beyond the actual sound card sampling capability. A signal that you can
> have by simply tuning your radio and hooking directly to the FM
> discriminator output. This signal is available virtually all over the
> world. AFAIK there was in the past no expensive test equipment that can
> sample and record a file. Now there are: the R&S SMBV100 can sample and
> play any signal upto 3GHz with the full options fitted and the companion
> recorder/player for 200K euros, the file produced are not PC compatible, of
> course.

"the file produced are not PC compatible, of course."

As usually ;-)

A wave-file can have a sample frequency of 32bits integer. So the
maximum is around 4GHz. And 32 integer or float for the amplitude. And
several channels. All in the standard. Enough for even big priced DSOs.

I will suggest this device for christmas to my beloved other side :-)
Has it the right WAF?

- Henry

--
ehydra.dyndns.info