[time-nuts] broadband MPX signal stereo

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:06:38 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Dave Brown <tractorb at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> EMU 0202 or 2020? I know what an 0202 is but what is a 2020?

It was a typo, you guessed correctly.  But it seem this is not the
interface you want and it may even be discontinued.   I'm happy with my
Presonus interface box but it is Firewire (not USB) and overkill for this
usage.  I use it for audio recording.

The other thing to look at is the quality of the preamps.  Mine has
discrete transistor preamp, balanced inputs and 40dB of gain adjustment on
a the from panel plus a 12dB pad.   Also input impedance.  Some boxes let
you choose.  Mine has a 1M inputs as well as the 600 ohm mic preamp inputs
 So shop around.  The best units are sold at places that cater to musicians
and recording studios.   Even the high end stuff is getting cheap now.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California