[time-nuts] Surge Arresters

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Nov 26 16:42:31 UTC 2012

There really isn't anything that will protect your
receiver if the antenna takes a strike.  But, if
you pass the coax into your house using a well
grounded bulkhead connector, you can protect your
house.

I got one GPS antenna that had an EMP protector
attached to it (came from NSA)... since the EMP
protector was right at the base of the antenna,
I suspect they were trying to protect the antenna
from induced coax currents from nearby lightning
strikes. The antenna was dead, of course.

-Chuck Harris