[time-nuts] Surge Arresters

George Dubovsky n4ua.va at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:22:52 UTC 2012

I have a box-full of GPS protectors that were built by a company called
ZapTech. They are just coaxial gas tubes that seem to have a strike voltage
around 60-90 volts. We replaced them with (MUCH) more expensive PolyPhaser
units. I use the ZapTechs on all of my long (600-800 ft) low-freq receiving
wire antennas, and they seem to be doing the job but, as with all surge
suppression schemes, you can never really be sure.

73,

geo - n4ua