[time-nuts] HP8720C manuals?

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Oct 17 19:59:37 UTC 2012

Not exactly the programming manual but would it help?.....

_http://na.tm.agilent.com/8720/programm/xrefhpib.htm_
(http://na.tm.agilent.com/8720/programm/xrefhpib.htm)

Ah, wait.....try this:-)

_http://na.tm.agilent.com/8720/manuals/872XC_PG_REF.pdf_
(http://na.tm.agilent.com/8720/manuals/872XC_PG_REF.pdf)

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

jimlux at earthlink.net writes:

I just  found an old 8720C at work, and I was thinking of pressing it
into service  to do some experiments with measuring changes in receiver
filters and  antenna match over temperature.  (Since I don't have to pay
rental on  it, it can just sit in the corner with the temp chamber and I
can slap  those GPS and S-band filters in there and fool with it, sort of
in the  background.  ANswer all those questions about "just how much
timing  uncertainty is due to the filters" with some empirical data)

I'm not  looking for a big project, and I don't know how hard or easy it
is to pull  data out of the beast via GPIB. The problem is that I don't
have the  programming manual, and Agilent doesn't have it on their site.
Nor is it  on BAMA, etc.

I'm sure someone here at JPL has a copy, but being  somewhat lazy, I
thought I'd probe the timenut hivemind.

I do have  all the docs for an 8510 I had in the lab until last year (the
owner  project asked for it back) so if you happen to know that the 8510
and 8720  work pretty much the same, that  helps..