[time-nuts] Re; New Wrist watch

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Mon Sep 10 22:36:42 UTC 2012

On 09/10/2012 10:02 AM, Tom Knox wrote:

> I think any Time Nut worth his salt should own a tourbillon watch, or
> several. Some would consider these a bargain compared to a new Hydrogen
> Maser. If a tourbillon does fit your budget Citizen makes many great watches.
> After breaking my third $100 watch in a year I purchased a Analog Citizen
> that automatically sets to WWV and the watch face is a solar cell so it will
> never need a battery. (Or so they say) The one I purchased includes an
> altimeters (to help us Time Nuts compensate for the dilation of time due to
> altitude). Mine is nicely machine from titanium. I shopped the net and found
> mine for about $400.  I have now owned it for several years and it has been
> flawless, the only setback is that I usually carry my cell phone which makes
> a watch redundant these days. Thomas Knox

May not be redundant for time nuts! I have an NTP client on my Android and it
shows the network time (Sprint in my case) is often as much as 2 seconds behind UTC.

Anyone else noticed this?

Best regards,

Bob Smither, PhD                                   Circuit Concepts, Inc.

                AT&T - Your world. Delivered. To the NSA.
                  http://www.eff.org/legal/cases/att/

Smither at C-C-I.Com            http://www.C-C-I.Com            281-331-2744