[time-nuts] Re; New Wrist watch

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Mon Sep 10 22:50:14 UTC 2012

On 9/10/2012 6:36 PM, Bob Smither wrote:

> May not be redundant for time nuts! I have an NTP client on my Android and it
> shows the network time (Sprint in my case) is often as much as 2 seconds behind UTC.

So that makes it, what, 21 seconds off? It should be 19 seconds ahead of
UTC, since Sprint has a CDMA network, which works on GPS time.

It's likely you have multiple processes trying to pull the clock in
different directions. Left alone, Android devices sync to network time,
which is GPS, not UTC, in many cases. It's a bug, IMHO, but that's the
way it is.