[time-nuts] Be aware of test equipment seller orzel-enterprises oneBay

Gregory Muir engineering at mt.net
Tue Sep 11 15:37:38 UTC 2012

After experiencing UPS issues, I now specify Fed-X where possible.  The outside condition of the containers even look better when delivered.  These people seem to care more about what they are doing.  I once had a large ~150 lb low-pass RF filter that arrived by Fed-X freight that was delivered by two very svelte young blondes.  They babied that crate every step of the way into the building.  Was also a pleasure to watch them work!

If you have a chance, you should visit one of the UPS shipping test labs where customers are supposed to take their prototype packaging to have it tested to see if it will stand up to the rigors of UPS shipping.  Your jaw will drop when you see what they put the packages through.

Greg

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 04:29:29 -0700, jim s <jws at jwsss.com>

"the observation about UPS is especially true, they will try and say
anything to escape paying.  Unless they loose the package expect an
argument on anything, they are thieves.  Nothing to do but avoid them on
shipping.  Actually freight or Postal is the best choice. For freight a
professional crate is your best protection, and my best luck has been
with postal people who don't really care if they beat a claim if it is
not patently BS.  YMMV."