[time-nuts] Frequency satndard on ebay UK / sulzer manuals

Timeok timeok at timeok.it
Mon Sep 17 12:50:34 UTC 2012

Yes Tom you right,
  but your example is on a rare Sulzer 2.5 MHz. Another very good
reference can be an HP 106 (quasi impossible to find). This is not valid
for the Racal model as described. I have had several unit of this
standar under test and I keep one for my personal small museum. I have
also a Suzer 5 MHz, it is better than Racal but same as performance to
several others. I have an HP 107Br but it is not working and I cannot
test it at the moment.

All us are looking to find some units in flea market, old and good, but
this is a very rare event due the fact there is a large 5e-10
(OCXO)production or lower, and few top performance  products as you
describe.

good luck to us!

Luciano

Il 2012-09-14 19:32 Tom Van Baak ha scritto:
>> This equipment is only good to spend winter time or for museum.
>> Several
>> newer oscillator,like HP10811/10544, have the same characteristics
>> or
>> better in smaller size.
>> The component used ar not the best and you can have fault expecially
>> on
>> the power supply.
>
> Luciano,
>
> My experience is that some of these old 2.5 or 5 MHz Sulzer
> oscillators have vastly better performance than most 10811/10544. For
> example, see:
> http://www.febo.com/pages/oscillators/sulzer/
> http://leapsecond.com/museum/sul25-1/
> http://leapsecond.com/museum/sul25-2/
>
> While it is true that they don't always work out-of-the-box when you
> find them cheap on eBay, once fixed, their performance is stunning.
> That's why these rare old Sulzer's are highly prized.
>
> /tvb

timeok