[time-nuts] Z3801 Replacement GPS Receiver Card

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 22:34:37 UTC 2012

$20 is to much.  I pay about $4 shipping included for the DB9 with the
Max chip attached.   So you basically just attach 5V TTL to the back
of the connector.  Lots of people sell these.   See ebay #180688345029
for an example.  These work well for the Oncore GPS because both use
0.1 inch male headers, use 0.1" female jumpers to connect.   Buy a
handful as they are generally useful.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 9/17/12 3:00 PM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
>>
>> OK, you can test a VP Oncore GPS receiver alone if you have a mean to
>> translate the TTL serial port to a regular RS232 for the PC. This can be
>> done with a MAX232 chip (or equivalent).
>

> There are a ton of these (serial TTL ports) available inexpensively for use
> with Arduinos.  In the under $20 range, usually.  Try Sparkfun.com for
> instance..

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California