[time-nuts] Z3801 Replacement GPS Receiver Card

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 17 22:48:06 UTC 2012

On 9/17/12 3:34 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
> $20 is to much.  I pay about $4 shipping included for the DB9 with the
> Max chip attached.   So you basically just attach 5V TTL to the back
> of the connector.

That works. if you have 5V handy.. The USB to ttl serial is handy when
you don't necessarily have 5V on a convenient pin.

  Lots of people sell these.   See ebay #180688345029
> for an example.  These work well for the Oncore GPS because both use
> 0.1 inch male headers, use 0.1" female jumpers to connect.   Buy a
> handful as they are generally useful.

Indeed... those might be useful.

What I'd also like to find is a cheap current loop interface (for
running low speed serial connections long distances using cat 5 wire)