[time-nuts] Remote GPS Oscillator Steering

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 18 11:32:55 EDT 2013

Re the use of Baluns to send 10 Mhz signals over twisted pair cable, I currently do this at home and it works well.   I also have no issues engaging in occasional HF amateur radio activity (including using the 10 Mhz band) at home.  I also have routed the signal and power leads for the time nuts and radio equipment thru ferrite cores, use double shielded cables almost exclusively for the time nuts gear, all un used outputs are properly terminated etc.

I have no issue listening to wwv on  5 and 10 Mhz despite the dozen or so pieces of equipment I have that generate 5 and 10 MHz signals.

Best regards Mark Spencer

Sent from my iPad