[time-nuts] 9390-55108 IRIG

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 13:48:33 EDT 2013

The value of the am over dc was the ease that it could be sent over ac
coupled amplifiers and distribution. These things drove numbers of clocks
and data recorders typically. IRIB B I believe came about roughly in
1957-59.
I had used it for my clock distribution until I ran across numbers of video
LTC decoders at the right price. You just never know when you need accurate
time in the basement or garage and definitely insures you don't over do the
steaks on the grill.
Regards
Paul