[time-nuts] LPRO questions...

Alan Kamrowski II alank2 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 29 10:24:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've got an LPRO and my Rb lamp voltage is 3.5608V.  I've read about bulb
rejuvenation.  I've looked through some of the repair manuals, but still
have a few questions.

#1 - how do you remove the cover?  Is it just press fit into place?  I see
dimples on it and I wonder can I just pry the case of slowly without bending
it to open it?

#2 - I may have to open it anyway for a different reason - should I try to
rejuvenate my lamp while it is open given the lamp voltage I have.

#3 - If I should try it, how do you get the lamp out?  I see what looks like
a hex nut in photos - do you untwist this nut and the bulb comes out with
it?

#4 - The heat gun technique -if I make an adapter to hold the bulb in a
drill or something that can spin it while applying the heat, is this a good
plan?

#5 - I see the xtal voltage mentioned (mine says 4.4672V) - what exactly is
this?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Have a great day,

Alan