[time-nuts] LPRO questions...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 13:04:11 EDT 2013

The xtal voltage is just the xtal tuning voltage.
The lamp voltage is on the low side but if it locks and stays locked leave
it alone.
Rejuvenation is really a last step nothing to loose deal and it does work
quite well.

Sooo check if it does not lock or blinks out by monitoring the lock
indicator. I hook mine to a pedometer and let it catch the blinks that
occur. It should be 0. But every lock increase the count. That lets you
judge how bad things are.

OK so it won't even light. Check that the RF exciter is working and the
ovens warm and the great thing is they actually glow if lit. All bad? Time
to get out the serious tools.

On the FRS they have a glass slip on the front of the bulb. No way to get
it off accept to break it. (Now that I have said that there will be dozens
of correct ways in response)

What you see on the bulb is a little bit of silver like gue. Also a
blackening on the end.
All of this seems to be the RB and when heated the blobs will actually move
around and slowly evaporate. Don't go crazy with the heat and you have to
feel the process out.
But thats actually it.
Regards
Paul