[time-nuts] Adding 10Mhz to Lucent RFTGm XO GPSDO

Charles Osborne k4cso at charter.net
Thu Jan 17 05:18:47 UTC 2013

Skip, others,

I have the RFTGm-II-Rb and RFTGm-II-XO redundant pair working at 10 MHz on
the main outputs. Its been six or eight years, so I don't remember all the
details and don't want to take the system offline to refresh my memory right
now since its working well. But as I recall I took the 15 MHz bandpass
filter out of line and jumpered across. The buffer amp in the unit then
produces a nice low distortion 10 MHz sine wave out at about +23 dBm to feed
the splitter. The unit I have also has the TNC 10 MHz passive splitters
which then put out +9 dBm per port.

So it must have had a divide by 2 and x3 multiplier (or mixer with the 10
MHz) function to get from the LPRO Rubidium's 10 MHz output or the 10 MHz
OCXO in the other unit in order to get 15 MHz. But poking around in the
circuitry associated with that 15 MHz bandpass filter / buffer amp and
bypassing the 15 MHz filter should result in a good high level sine wave
10MHz output on each unit.

73,
Charles, K4CSO