[time-nuts] WWVB remodulator for the spectracom 8170 the schematic is to large

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 12:58:33 EDT 2013

I'm looking at the schematic.  I thought the goal was to get the 60KHz
signal from WWVB to the HP unit.  This schematic sends an approximatly
60KHz signal from the tuning fork to the HP. but copies the AM modulation
from WWVB.   So the 8170 does not look at the 60KHz carrier? and only cars
about the time code?

Maybe another way then is to bypasss the radio inside the 8170 and just
send the demodulated logic bit

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM, ken johnson <bats059 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also now on my web site,
>
> http://www.vk7krj.com/ham_stuff.htm
>
> at the bottom of the page, along with some other time-nut type files.
>
> And, once again, if anyone has any other time-nut files they would like to
> see hosted on a web page, I am happy to oblige. Just email me.
>
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Majdi S. Abbas <msa at latt.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 05:43:18PM -0400, paul swed wrote:
> > > OK no schematic. It was 2MB. But it was a scan of my notes. Happy to
> post
> > > to a sight or two. Can include some pictures also.
> >
> >         There's a copy here for those that are interested:
> >
> >         https://latt.net/wwvb%20remodulator%20spectracom%208170.jpg
> >
> >         Majdi

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California