[time-nuts] WWVB remodulator for the Spectracom 8170...

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Mon Jun 17 21:57:10 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 09:35:51PM -0400, paul swed wrote:
> Wellll as they say. I am most likely going to use a simple phase flipper.
> That preserves all of the Nist stuff and traceability and such. A flipper
> is simply a invert or non inverted signal and a switch. It is subject to
> propagation. But no more so than the original receivers.
> The remodulator gets rid of the carrier for time clocks.
> Both are actually reasonable to implement.
> Enough said other things to do.
> Paul

	OK, clearly there is an advantage to that...

	Does preserve the original carrier for traceability (sorta,
it does get inverted in phase from time to time)...

	And the actual I channel of a Costas loop directly out of the I
double balanced mixer  should have a plus and minus signal one could low
pass filter and feed to a simple zero cross detector to control the
phase flip.   And if this is done by flipping carrier out of the TRF
stage via a DBM or analog switch and inverter it should preserve the AM
modulation on the original unless the TRF stage acts as  a limiter...

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in