[time-nuts] OT Prototype Boards

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Tue Jun 25 11:22:47 EDT 2013

Brent,

I seem to remember a story about the early days of micro-computing, when Russia was cloning 8080 chips.  Their chips were of such poor quality that each chip had a unique list of executions that could not be used.  Anyway, the Russians had sized their chip in metric measurements (2.54mm) rather than inches (0.10"), so that black market imports of the real thing would not fit.

Bob