[time-nuts] looking for low-power system for gps ntp timekeeping

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jun 27 20:40:23 EDT 2013

Hi

Low power and system load are both worth putting some dimensions on.

A very simple system may be ok with a single client running into it and nothing else going on. A system that will handle 500 hits a second is something altogether different.

Low power could be < 100 watts, it also could be < 100 milliwatts. There will be a power / load tradeoff ….

Since you already seem to have a bit of this and a bit of that (high power server, low power Pi) it is worth considering exactly where you are going with this new build.

Bob