[time-nuts] GPS receivers W/timing outputs greater than 1PPS

Mike M timenuts at binsamp.e4ward.com
Sat Jun 29 04:11:00 EDT 2013

  Mike M wrote:

  Chris Albertson wrote:

  >> About your  being  "out" some money. Did you ask  talk  to either
  >> eBay or  PayPal about it. Most items are covered  by  their buyer
  >> protection policy.  You can make a claim for  "not  as described"
  >> and they will impound the funds pending resolution.

  > Paypal Buyer Protection is a scam.

  > Paypal requires you to return the unit and pay for  shipping. They
  > also require a tracking number for proof of delivery. From Canada,
  > this can be a significant portion of the value of the item.

  > Tool-Nerd conned me into sending the unit back without  a tracking
  > number. This cost only $20. He received the item, but  told Paypal
  > he never received it. So I was out the $89 for the  FE-5680A, plus
  > the $20 postage.

  > I went  to my bank, thinking since I used my credit  card  for the
  > purchase, they would honor the claim and refund my money.

  > They simply  turned the matter over to Paypal, who said I  did not
  > provide proof of delivery and denied the claim. I lost  the entire
  > amount.

  For proof, I have started a new web site and uploaded two  files for
  your perusal.

  Here is  a copy of the Canada Customs Decaration,  Canada  Post fee,
  and Interac receipt when I shipped the FE-5680 back to tool_nerd:

  http://www.mrmonett.netne.net/ebay/fe5680.pdf

  I was wrong on the price for the FE-5680A. It was $84.99, not $89.

  Here is Paypal rejecting the VISA chargeback:

  http://www.mrmonett.netne.net/ebay/reject.pdf

  So relying on your credit card company to help does not work.

  Mike M