[time-nuts] Brooks Shera

Daniel Schultz n8fgv at usa.net
Mon Mar 25 00:43:02 EDT 2013

Another great ham passes on, I'm sorry I never had a chance to meet him.

Is the GPS controller that Brooks published still useful today, or has it been
superseded by something newer? I have a Motorola GPS receiver (PVT-6) with 1
pps output, and an HP oscillator (model number escapes me at the moment). I
also have one of the $30 ebay rubidium modules (FE-5680A) that were discussed
here in previous years. I only need a controller to tie them all together.

Should I build Brooks' circuit to work with my old Motorola PVT-6 or should I
look for something else (perhaps one of the Jupiter receivers with 10 kHz
output)? The D/A chip in his design seems to be obsolete, his archived web
site says to contact him for the chip but we can't do that anymore. Are they
still available?

Dan Schultz N8FGV