[time-nuts] Brooks Shera

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Mar 25 02:30:11 EDT 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 00:43:02 -0400
"Daniel Schultz" <n8fgv at usa.net> wrote:

> Another great ham passes on, I'm sorry I never had a chance to meet him.

Definitly a sad day....

> Is the GPS controller that Brooks published still useful today, or has it been
> superseded by something newer?

That highly depends on what you want and what you need.

Shera's design is definitly one of the simplest GPSDOs out there.
And with that it defines what the lowest complexity to get something
accurate is. If the performance of this circuit is enough for you,
i wouldn't go for anything else. Of course, if you need better performance
or want to tinker and see what can be done with home made equipment, then
you should go for different circuits.

			Attila Kinali

--
The people on 4chan are like brilliant psychologists
who also happen to be insane and gross.