[time-nuts] Brooks Shera

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 11:28:50 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:53:40 -0400 (EDT)
> EWKehren at aol.com wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 3/25/2013 7:09:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>> bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:
>>
>> > The lack  of synchronisers when crossing clock domains is a design flaw
>> > that should  be corrected.
>>
>> Bruce, would you mind being more specific and offer a solution.

I think Brooks' solution was to drive the phase of the two clocks to
be 1024 counts apart.  I think it selected "1024" and not zero just
for this reason.   If by chance the two are in phase to start with the
built-in randomness of the 24MHz clock saves the day and then the
control loop forces them eventually to be not in phase by 1024/24M
seconds
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California