[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution T versus Motorola Oncore UT+

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat May 11 20:00:57 EDT 2013

The old Motorola Oncore UT+ is a good value.  They go for $15 on ebay
and have 50 nSec one sigma error on the PPS.

Both newer GPSes have better specs but I wonder if it matters if you
are building a Shera design GPSDO?

More important than all of this is the antenna location.  Make sure it
has a good view of the entire sky and is far from anything that can
reflect radio waves.   This pretty much means it is one  pipe mast of
some kind.

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Jay Cox <iwernewook at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As a new member, I have a question.  I am building a Shera GPSDO and am
> wondering which of the Trimble Resolution T or Motorola Oncore UT+ would be
> a better choice.  Is the Trimble software easily available, as is
> WinOncore?
>
> I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the email
> archives.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jay

Chris Albertson