[time-nuts] OCXO shock protection

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun May 19 23:12:43 EDT 2013

Even in an active fault area the unit will see more mechanical vibration
comming fomr the building cause by walking around and the wind then by
Earthquakes.  OK, every few years there might be a few seconds of ground
movement.  But most of the constant stuff is very local, within the
building.

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Perry Sandeen <sandeenpa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> We will be moving to southern California in the
> near future.
>
> My question if for people who live in that area is
> do you need to do additional shock mounting for OCXO’s because of the
> ongoing,
> usually minor,  earth tremors that take
> place?
>
> I will be running two of the Lucent units and two HP
> 10811 series which are in my 5370B TIC’s.
>
> The condo is built on a concrete slab and the only
> available space will be in the garage.
>
> In the Absolute Audio magazine they have had
> reviews on equipment stands that had spiked legs that went in a
> complimentary
> cup on the floor.  The idea was to turn
> any vibration into heat with the spiked points.
>
> Comments appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Perrier

Chris Albertson