[time-nuts] FLUKE PM6680B Counter Time View software for the PC

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Sat May 25 12:49:28 EDT 2013

Hello A.B.,

  Actually TimeLab is collecting data right now and I am quite happy
with it.

I will be even happier when the PM6680B arrives on Tuesday and TimeLab
can drive it directly without the "talk only" function I am currently using.

The FLUKE TimeView is only an alternative, whose capabilities I hope to
experience.

I am currently using a HP5384A in talk only mode (HPIB address 31) with
TimeLab to look at some OCXOs.
A T'Bolt GPS/DO provides the 10 MHz reference.

Now I better understand why there is a rubber gasket under the adjustment
screw cover on the hermetically sealed cans of the OCXO.
I can see the barometric pressure changes on frequency using TimeLab, at
E-10 levels.

Maybe the supposed drift due to the atmospheric pressure is due to the
propagation
of the GPS signals that can effect the 10MHz reference ??
May have to go back to a Rb reference to verify.

It is also interesting to see how "aging drift" improves with time under
power.

I had been holding out for a HP 53132A counter but I am a frugal Yankee and
I settled on the PM6680B for about 25% of the cost of a HP 53132A.

Waiting for FedEx...

Stan, W1LE   Cape Cod   FN41sr