[time-nuts] FE-5680A control programs

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Tue May 28 20:19:28 EDT 2013

Hello,

Thank you to all who responded.
I was playing with the idea that apart from the offset setting,
retrieving and storing it in the EEPROM, probably there were
undocumented commands for other functions like knowing the status and
health of the unit, like on other Rubidiums or the analog outputs in the
FRS series.  Some programs that I had downloaded and stored waiting
until I had time to put the FE-5680A into use were in fact for the
programmable variety, like "Ruby4.exe".
I was looking for something as the program "fe5680_info_win32.exe" from
Newell N5TNL mentioned in this list on Jan 25 2012, that dumps a lot of
info from the unit but with the commands and responses translated to
plain language.  In fact I´m not sure if this program applies to my
FE-5680A or it is intended for the programmable output ones.
For setting the calibration offset I use "Fe5680Calibrator.exe" which is
on this line but it do not send other commands.
And I don't have any source others than the Fabio Eboli's Python scripts
already mentioned.

Best regards,
Ignacio EB4APL