[time-nuts] Trimble 34310-T EFC Question

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed Nov 6 22:26:37 EST 2013

I think I may need to change the LPF feeding the EFC in my GPSDO to get rid of dithering jitter.  Is there any point in adding a resistor and cap in the EFC line, or do I need to go back and change the values in the op-amp circuit feeding it?  Currently an op-amp directly feeds the EFC pin.  I guess this boils down to something like: is there any meaningful current flow in EFC circuit in this oscillator?  Or should I add them but will I probably have to change the existing filter, as well?

Bob - AE6RV