[time-nuts] Loran

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 19:54:16 EST 2013

Bob I agree with your comment on the location. Though I like nj because its
a lot closer. ;-)

Jerry as far as your stuff goes.
It might just need a good old boat loran c antenna and preamp. Heavens
knows if they exist on ebay these days. The preamps are also pretty simple
a fet and transistor buffer. The antenna can be a piece of wire say 20-30
ft vertical.

Now the hard part. If you have no instructions for operating the rcvr you
just have to tinker.
They almost always need the gri plugged in 87900 in this case.
This really is the point that it gets hard. On the old austron 2000s you
had to have a scope to align stuff it was a somewhat manual rcvr. However
there were advantages also. If you don't have semi automated rcvr and no op
instructions thats going be fairly unrewarding. But good luck experimenting.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL