[time-nuts] EZGPIB Question

Don@True-Cal truecalservices at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 16:58:56 EST 2013

Yes, it has full support in the latest NI 488.2 v3.1.1 drivers and tools
package. From there you can run many application level programs that support
the NI 488.2 API, including the VISA interface. I use Agilent VEE primarily
and I always like to use EZGPIB (thanks Ulrich, great program) for quick
easy projects that I have not developed a VEE program for. Don't use
LabView, too complicated and too dependent on narrow range of O/S version.

I love the NI GPIB-ENET/100 and is why I bought the second one and I
recommend it highly. For many years, I ran my first controller with 14-15
instruments spread out a total of about 40-feet of bus with the controller
near the middle - never a problem. I don't really have any more instruments
now but after a move (retired), my home lab is separated in a
design/prototype area and an electrical/temperature calibration area. The
two separate controllers facilitate these two distinctive areas better than
a long (no lump load) bus run between the two areas. A side advantage is
better ground loop isolation between the two separate areas.

Ulrich, I have a NI GPIB-USB-A controller that I seldom use. You are welcome
to borrow it (could probably be talked out of it) if it would help/motivate
you on the expansion of the EZGPIB DLL.

Don