[time-nuts] Synthesizers

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Tue Sep 3 22:14:33 EDT 2013

Ah the 8660's

Image 22 8660A's in two racks, was an fun tax payer, paid project :-)

We where never told what the master clock was.

Have S/N suffix 0009 in the garage.

For you time nuts, a side hobby should be frequency nuts. How to
produce the cleanest synth'ed signal but be able to change it quickly.

Made a few companies a lot of money and challenged engineers.

It was quite the challenge in the late 60's into the 70's. There were two
types of cusomers. Those that wanted uS switching time vs. those that
didn't care. Nothing inbetween.

-pete