[time-nuts] Adafruit (MT3339) problems today

Jim Harman j99harman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:25:14 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:

> Could you give me a bit more information on using WAAS?

I used the Adafruit library to send it the message

  // Turn on WAAS
  GPS.sendCommand("$PMTK301,2*2E");

and after that the GGA message shows a fix type of 2 where it previously
showed type 1. To see what mode it is in you can send it the PMTK401
message and it should respond with a PMTK501,2 if WAAS is enabled and
PMTK501,0 if not.

I believe this setting persists after power-down as long as you have a
backup battery installed and don't do a full reset.

WAAS only works in North America. I don't know details elsewhere, but the
PMTK313 message says it turns searching for SBAS satellites on and off.

--

--Jim Harman