[time-nuts] Adafruit (MT3339) problems today

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 02:20:47 EDT 2014

[]
WAAS only works in North America. I don't know details elsewhere, but the
PMTK313 message says it turns searching for SBAS satellites on and off.

--Jim Harman
==================================

Thanks for the information on the messages, Jim.

For your information, in Europe we have EGNOS, which works in the same was
as WAASfrom a different set of geostationary satellites.

  http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Navigation/The_present_-_EGNOS/What_is_EGNOS

I have not WAAS/EGNOS tested on the MT3339 chipset, but it does work on my
Garmin GPS 60 CSx.  I don't know whether the iPad uses WAAS/EGNOS, or my
Moto-G phone, but the latter can see GLONASS as well as GPS, which I didn't
know until I checked it after the recent GLONASS outage.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk