[time-nuts] I can't get a nice waveform from my rubidium !

Claude Fender labtf1 at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 17 17:57:38 EDT 2014

Thanks for your replies. With a 50 ohms resistor (about 49 ohms in fact), I've got something interesting but not perfect (I will try to find a 50 ohms terminaison). Unfortunately it didn't work with the counter as terminaison (see attachments).

The two outputs have the same waveforms, I will open the case and try to understand how this is done.

And yes it's a 10A-R (the new name is A10-M).

Claude

On Thursday, 17 April 2014, 21:43, cfo <xnews3 at luna.dyndns.dk> wrote:

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:32:52 +0100, Claude Fender wrote:

> My
>  unit has two outputs with no options. The problem is the shape of the
> waveform (see attachments), it's the same shape for the two outputs.
> When I
>  connect an output directly to the oscilloscope, the shape is nearly
> "squared" and when I use a probe, the shape is nearly "sine" !

According to the pict , the low output is supposed to be a CMOS square

Is it called A10-R ?
www.technical-sys.com/QL%20A10-R%20DS.pdf

But termination would as other say be an issue.
Dig into your drawer and pull out a BNC-T , and one of those 50ohm
termination resistors you know you saved , when you were running old coax
based ehternet on rg-58 cable.

Have saved me a few times on my Rigol that hasn't got 50 termination
built in.

Else use your freq counter as termination , it ought to have 50ohm
termination. BNC-T on scope , rubi on one end of tee , and counter on
other end of tee (50 ohm terminated).

CFO
Denmark