[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 aka Z3812A

Graham planophore at aei.ca
Tue Dec 2 19:14:42 EST 2014

Good evening all,

After getting my RS-422 interface sorted and my remote serial to TCP
configured, I am now able to connect to my KS-24361 boxes from a Win7
machine using a number of different applications to my LINUX box to
which the 24361 is physically connected.

On the LINUX box I am using ser2net and on the Win 7 box com0com and
com2tcp. The HP SATSTAT program connects quite nicely to the 24361 this
way as does using telent and a TERMITE (a terminal emulation program)
and manually entering commands. I can post more details if someone needs
a bit more detail.

Also, I followed someones earlier suggestion of trying Ulrich's Z38XX
program by editing with a HEX edition the values for Z3805 and changing
them to something appropriate. I did just this and changed Z3805 to
Z3812 (in two places) and the program works very well connecting to and
now quite happily querying the KS-24361 boxes and plotting data.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc